SPECIAL OFFER: Get GoDaddy's Basic WordPress Hosting for just $1 per month: https://goo.gl/JLjBRh. Select Basic Plan, then 12 months term.
In this lesson, we're going to look at posts in WordPress.
WordPress started as a blogging platform, so it's excellent at creating blog posts. This class is building a site for a city called "Wordville", so we're going to use blog posts for news items.
- Go to Posts, then Add New.
- Enter a Title, "New Construction Project"
- Click "Change Permalink" and you can update the URLs for your site
Here is some suggested text for your post:
"There was some big news in Wordville recently. Construction of a large project called W3 was finished."
On the right-hand side of the post screen, there are a "Publish" box, a "Format" box to change settings for your post. There's also a "Categories" and "Tags" box that we'll explain in a later video. Finally, there's a "Featured Image" box which can associate an image with your post.
If your computer shuts off, or you close a tab accidentally ... don't worry. WordPress automatically saves your post every 60 seconds. These are in the "Revisions" feature.
The "Excerpt" feature allows you to create a short summary of your post.
"Custom Fields" is a useful feature, but not all themes support it.
"Comments" allows you to enable or disable comments for your post, and you can reply directly inside the WordPress admin.
Click this link to save big on GoDaddy's Managed WordPress Hosting: https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/wordp...
Why should you choose GoDaddy for your WordPress site?
- Run your site on hosting built and optimized just for WordPress
- Unmetered resources ready to scale for high traffic
- Get automatic WordPress core updates
- Free automatic daily backups and 1-click restore
- Includes a staging site for testing before going live
- SSH access with WP-CLI and GIT
Do you want to learn more about WordPress? Check out the WordPress training at https://ostraining.com/wordpress-trai...